Monday, February 16, 2015

g(Math) Speech to Math!!!

g(Math) can now do Speech to Math input!! I am more excited about this update than any other features releases of g(Math)! It is still not ideal, but helps lower the bar for digital math creation. Using the keywords outlined here you can speak to g(Math) to create expressions.

1. Click on the mic icon. (The first time you do this it will ask you to allow the mic). Start talking!!
2. g(Math) will translate what you are saying using the math keywords and fill the LaTeX box with the math interpretation, this will automatically update the LaTeX Preview image. 
3. Click the Insert button to insert the image at your cursor in the Doc.

Below is an example where I spoke: "y equals fraction one half over two stop x plus 15":


Another aspect I updated was when you edit the LaTeX box and click on a prebuilt expression, it will enter it where your cursor is in the LaTeX box. It used to only add it at the end, now it will edit where you want!!

I am continuing to update the phrases for the prebuilt expressions, so if you have one you would like me to add let me know. If you would like to help translate to languages other than US English, please contact me as well!